I hope it’s a better year.
The Esmeralda image was created using the Heroine Creator from Azalea Dolls.
For this year I thought I would share something sort of special. A few years I wrote some Christmas Hunchback fanfics that I was vain enough to try and sell, which was a dumb idea. So this year I thought of sharing one. This one is sort of Charlie Brown meets the Grinch meets Book Frollo.
So here is the Frollo Christmas Fanfic that the world didn’t need but exists anyway and has had for years….Enjoy
Frollo’s Christmas Tree Plan
Rated PG maybe (no smut very wholesome)
On an unseasonably warm day in December, Frollo, the archdeacon of Notre Dame, was in his cell, high in the towers of the Cathedral. He couldn’t work as she, the beautiful Gypsy, Esmeralda, danced in the square below. She tantalized him with her unearthly beauty and graceful movements.
For the past few weeks, he had not seen her as the bitter cold forced her to take shelter away for his gaze. Today the pleasant weather let her dance her seductive dance before him. Her absence had made his obsession swell as he watched with fascination. His feet were frozen to the floor as she whirled around on her bright colorful carpet in the winter sunlight.
When her charming dance was over someone walked up to her bearing a strange conifer. Frollo was instantly jealous of this person who would dare to walk so close her. He must hear what they were saying. Even though Frollo was high up in the towers, he put his hand to ear and heard her say in her sweet voice, “I love Christmas trees!”
I just watched the Neo Yokio Christmas special and it was great but then again I really enjoy Neo Yokio. It was almost on this list but I thought better of if since I just watched it two days ago but I’m going to watch it next year. So because the internet likes list here is a of 10 Christmas Episode/Specials that I just like.
Full Disclaimer I wouldn’t call myself a grinch but I have marginal excitement around the holidays. It’s been worse this year so I’m just meh towards it. But these Christmas special hold a special place in my cold icy heart.
These are is no order or maybe they are….
- Difficult People Season 1 Episode 8, Difficult Christmas. Difficult people is one of my favorite shows. I love the song about how bitterness ay Christmas is basic and they scene where Julie is annoyiong rich ladies as she regale them with a documentary she watched as she wraps their presents.
- Muppet Family Christmas – This is my gold Standard for a Christmas Special
- Moomins Season 1 episode 36, Christmas is Coming – I love that they thought Christmas was a big scary monster that had to appease with a decorated tree, presents and a dinner. They are not wrong.
- Arrested Development Season 1 Episode 7 In God we Trust and Season 2 Episode 6, Afternoon Delight – I couldn’t decide between the two, so I didn’t. I love the Living Art pageant and the blotched office party.
- Any Mr Hanky Episode of South Park – Even though I don’t watch South Park anymore I still like these episodes. Woodland Critter Christmas still creeps me out.
- 30 Rock, Season 5 Episode 10, Christmas Attack Zone – Christmas Revenge does bring people together.
- Futurama’s take on Santa – I think I respect this idea more that I love watch some of the episode but an devil Santa robot that bring people together is great.
- Road to Avonlea, Happy Christmas Miss King – This one is just so nostalgic for me. I miss that show.
- Ab Fab Season 3 Episode 2 Happy New Year and Season 4 Episode 8 Cold Turkey – I love Patsy’ sister. I also was misremembering Happy Year as a Christmas episode because of the whole family meal plotline and Patsy’ sister but maybe it counts?
- Downton Abbey The First Christmas Special – The first Christmas special they did was lovely. The Second one ruined Christmas. Anyway the final scene of the first Christmas episode which capped off season 2, was just so wonderful. Still one my favorite scene from the series.
A while ago I did a list of non-Christmas Christmas movie list on Hubpages and I thought let’s do that again but here with different movies. So you can check out the other list HERE which is a bit more in step with other lists like this. Do look at it, it’s all I want for Christmas.
So here are eight other movies that are less commonly on other people’s lists. No shade to other lists on other sites. These movies have a winter setting or have a scene at Christmas and they have a familial tone.
Many films have the winter-y or snowy setting and a familial tones like Fanaa or Star Wars but I would not call those non-christmas Christmas movies, even though Star Wars movies have been coming out around Christmas (except Solo) so there is that added touch but all the same there not among the list.
So here are eight movies. I’m going try to avoid spoilers. These are ranked in no order.
Manon de Sources – I think I have talked about this movie a little bit before. But towards the end of the film there are some scenes at Christmas, at least one scene at Christmas. However would say the the family angle some more into play here. Also if you want to want this movie you must watch Jean de Florette first because Manon des Source is the second part. But I highly recommend this movie.
Lady and the Tramp – This movie has a Christmas bookend as it starts and end at Christmas. But I don’t think I have to say too much about this one, it being a Disney classic however I will say that this film does have a strong message of family.
Beauty and the Beast – This one might just be superfluously here but I don’t care, it’s snowy and magical, so It counts.
Anastasia – Again you have snow imagery and a strong message of family togetherness. Plus Once Upon a December could be played in a Holiday rotation and wouldn’t feel out of place.
Tokyo Godfathers – I wouldn’t say that this was my favorite Satoshi Kon movie, (that would be Paprika.) It is one those movies that is a Christmas movie but it seldom makes any of the list, so it’s here.
The film is set on Christmas eve and is the story about three homeless people finding a baby. It has a non-traditional take on family.
Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence- I haven’t seen this movie is quite a long time and I don’t really remember it super well but I recall liking it. So this a war-time Drama starting David Bowie as a POW. The last scene of this movie takes place at Christmas.
City of Lost Children – I reviewed this movie not too long ago. It has some Christmas imagery and it weird but there is also the family connection as the main character tries to save his brother, the weird family the mad scientist makes and the orphans. It has all the making of a Christmas classic oddly enough.
Dr Zhivago – I will admit I haven’t seen this movie but I have always wanted to but the run-time is intimidating. Then again I have seen Lawrence of of Arabia which is longer so that is on me, one day. Anyway like most of the movies listed here this one again is about family and has a pivotal scene set at Christmas.
Do you have a favorite non-Christmas movie? If so what is it? One of my favorites is on my Hubpages list . Can you guess it???Follow thehunchblog
It may not be an ugly christmas sweater but it’s still pretty ugly.
Or just click here to see it https://www.zazzle.com/hunch_holiday_shirt-235865192514913450?rf=238089986725631455Follow thehunchblog
Alas there are no Hunchback of Notre Dame ugly Christmas sweater just yet but since this blog has a Disney leaning here are some Disney Ugly Christmas Sweaters that you can get right now via amazon.
Also I had wanted to showcase a Notre Dame Fighting Irish sweater just to be funny but I couldn’t find one. But there are a TON of Disney Ugly Christmas Sweaters, because of course there is, it’s Disney and Christmas.
Because I love Star Wars there are two but there are many, many…many more.
If I ever do make a Quasimodo/Hunchback Ugly Christmas sweater I will post here because where else would I put it? And it will be very ugly because I suck at art. Of course you can always get my Quasimodo Ornament at Zazzle for your Christmas tress.
Happy Holidays!!!!!!Follow thehunchblog
If you are like me and live in USA you may have to endure football on the TV. Or not maybe something else is on in the background or your like football.
If only there was a Hunchback meets football that you could watch instead this Thanksgiving day….
Oh wait! There is!
The Hunchblog own’s Quasimodo design on an xmas ornament. On the back it says “Have your a Quasi Little Christmas.”
You can get it here