The Disney Main Female is more of a canon than a line of characters that Disney deems as important. So are Esmeralda’s behaviors in Hunchback of Notre Dame applicable to how other so call Disney’s Princess Behaviors? Let’s compare Esmeralda against the the rules presented in the Video “How to make a guy like you” and see how she does.
( Note There are 21 Rules, they write 16 twice, Video is meant to be funny)
21. Show him you can look good no matter what you’re wearing.
20. Use Body Language.
Check, Esmeralda is working it
19. Make him jealous.
Check, she kisses all main three guys @_@
18. Be a friends to nature’s animals.
Check, at least Djali, she doesn’t interact that much with other animals
17. Act scared of him.
No, not even, she clocks him right in the face
16. Rush into it. Don’t bother getting to know each other ahead of time.
Check, a kiss on the lips is what seals it in a Disney movie
15. Look deeply into his eyes.
Check, she’s guilty
14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn’t a prince. (yeah, right.)
No, there is no royalty in the movie and she is more put off by Phoebus’s position as a Knight/ Nobel
13. Having a wicked step-mother never hurts.
N/A, This Lady just looks like Lady Tremaine (Cinderella) doesn’t she?
12. Never do what your parents tell you to do. They only want what’s best for you.
N/A, no one really ever told her what to do and she doesn’t have parents to get in her way
11. Be constantly happy. Bottle up any negative emotions you have until after the wedding bells have rung.
It’s hard to say, she’s no negative-nelly but she’s not little miss sunshine either, mmmm after some thought I’m going to say yes, Check
10. Trust EVERYONE.
9. Don’t bother being intelligent. It won’t help you that much.
No, I guess I’d give her Street Smarts though.
8. Always be prepared, even if this mean carrying around glass shoes in your pocket.
Check, note the knife strapped to her calf
7. Be Sweet and innocent…until you want to kiss him.
No, No, No, “She’s been around,” consult the DVD Audio Commentary for more
6. Disregard his personal boundaries and make him feel like an idiot.
Check, Kind of a Derpy looking Phoebus huh?
5. Cry…simple, but effective.
No, she sulks
4. When you first meet, remain completely anonymous.
Check, they don’t even speak until their third encounter
3. Pretend like you’re dead.
2. Sing to them (why this works, I shall never know.)
No, but Belle never sang to Beast and yet it counts in the video, Esmeralda does sing a solo though which more than Jasmine got. 1/2 point
1. ALWAYS leave hims wanting more.
Check, in spades
Because I’m not counting the parental questions that makes 19 in total. She scores 13.5. 13.5/19 = 71%
Well, well, well Esmeralda acts more like a Disney Princess than some give her credit for, too bad she doesn’t cry or have Parental units.
What do you people think, should Esmeralda be made a Disney Princess? Remember, it’s an archetype not a hierarchical position.
The Someday reviews are coming… someday (Lame Joke, tis my destiny)Follow thehunchblog
I think that she is capapble of being one. Who cares if she doesn’t follow the Disney Princess Protocal, she did whatever she thought was the right thing to do. Even if it meant dying for a little while and then coming back to life.