Esmeralda’s iPod Commercial
Previously I randomly had my itunes play songs to see how often a Hunchback song or Hunchback related song came up. By related song I mean the artist was in some way associated with a Hunchback version.
Each test consistent of 20 songs and I did five test. A total of 100 song. Here are the results, I’m only revealing the Hunchback or Hunchback related songs that played.
-Dans nos Souvenirs by Helene Segara
– Bohemienne by Helene Segara
– Le Temps de Cathedral Seoul French Cast
– Oh L’adorable Creature from La Esmeralda
– Julie Ose by Julie Zenatti
– Dieu que la Monde Seoul French Cast
6/20 = 30%
– Vivre Notre Dame de Paris Symphonique
– Je Voudrais une Chanson Interlude 2 by Julie Zenatti
– Le Process Notre Dame de Paris Original cast (another ringtone)
– La Monture by Chiara Di Bari Notre Dame de Paris Seoul French Cast
4/20 = 20%
– Trommein der Stodt from Hunchback of Notre dame Berlin (note this the second time this song played)
– I’m a Priest by Daniel Lavoie Notre Dame de Paris London cast
– Overture from La Esmeralda
– Ave Maria Paien Notre Dame de Paris Symphonique
– Recitatifet et Duo: Donc Phoebus est A Monfort from La Esmeralda
– Qu’Est-ce Qu’on va Faire avec Monde by Helene Segara
6/20 = 30%
The Overall Results
22 out of 100 songs were from a Hunchback version or sung by someone associated with a Hunchback version, or 22%.
I thought this was an interesting test. Not sure how I feel but I do have a lot of random music from over the years so maybe 22% isn’t so bad.
Last week I randomly listened to 20 songs on my iTunes so see what the probability was of getting either a Hunchback song or a song sung but an artist affiliated with a Hunchback version. The result were one in five or 20%. This is the second test. Nothing have changed I have added no new songs.
So instead of me listing all the songs I got I’m only going to mention which Hunchback songs were played because no care about my music.
Test 2 had disappointing results as only one Hunchback song was played and it should barley count. The song was Visite de Frollo Esmeralda from Notre Dame de Paris but it was only the Je t’aime part. A while ago I wanted it for a ringtone. Turns out I used the opening of La Sociere more.
So the result was 1 in 20. or 5%. Not as good as last time. Went down 15% from test one.
Here’s a dumb post, what is the chance of me getting a hunchback or hunchback related song (as in a singer who associated with a Hunchback version) to randomy play on itunes when it is on shuffle? I know, super important scientific enquiry!
Now I don’t really listen to my music on iTunes anymore. I tend to use Pandora, spotify or youtube so the music I have on iTunes represents my taste circa mid 2000s up to 2014 roughly. So I have a lot anime/ video game music and Bollywood and random stuff as well as Norte Dame de Paris and other Hunchback stuff.
I took a sample of 20 songs because 20 is a good sample size. So what is the likelihood of me listening to a Hunchback song or a singer from a Hunchback version on itunes in shuffle mode?
Click for the list of songs
1. Rien n’est comme avant by Helene Segara (1)
2. Beau comme Soleil by Nadia Bel (2) DAMN first two out of the gate
3. Higurashi no naku koro ni opening
4. Tromme in der stadt from Berlin Hunchback Musical (3) We’re getting so many
5. Now I’m your Mom by David Byrne
6. Tere Liye from Veer-Zaara
7. Wind City [ City of Wind Windia] by Cyril the Wolf (This is the 2nd time I have listen to this)
8. Kokoro no Kasa wa from Sakura Wars
9. Kogaku Motet from Final Fantasy 9 Plus OST
10. A Walk in the Dark by David Byrne (I love this song)
11. Fossil Roo from Final Fantasy 9 OST
12. Pandemonium from Final Fantasy 9 OST
13. Broken Things by David Byrne
14. Surreal by Ayumi Hamasaki
15. Sumida from Sakura Wars
16. Hungarian Dance no.5 by Brahms
17. Amnesie by Julie Zenatti (4)
18. La Sorciere from Notre Dame de Paris (5)
19. Kalluri Vaanil from Pennin Manathai Thottu (The Benny Lava song)
20. Phony King of England from Disney Robin Hood
The result is one in five or 20%
But everyone knows that good science requires testing so MAYBE I will do this again sometime for science. Another good experiment would be the frequency of language. Like how many English language songs I get, or French, or Japanese or Hindi, but this a Hunchback blog so let’s keep to hunchback. But in this case of this sample because I’m curious;
Click for song language frequency
Engish – 5 out of 20
French – 4 out of 20
Hindi – 1 out of 20
Instrumental – 4 out of 20
Japanese – 4 out of 20
miscellaneous – 2 out of 20
I’m kinda surprised that more English songs came up.